200-201 CBROPS is a well-known certification from Cisco, which deals with cybersecurity threats and prepares a candidate to prevent them.
Cybersecurity operations job roles play a crucial part in guarding information systems by detecting, monitoring, investigating, analyzing, and responding to security events, thus maintaining networks from cybersecurity threats, risks, and vulnerabilities. So most candidates choose to begin a career in the rapidly growing field of Cybersecurity. Cisco CCNA Cyber Ops is considered one of the most popular Cybersecurity certifications. Cisco CCNA Cyber Ops, 200-201 certification works as a valuable first step in getting the skills and knowledge needed to work with a SOC team. It can be an imperative part of starting a career in the exciting and growing cybersecurity services area.
The knowledge of Cisco Cybersecurity Operations Fundamentals (CBROPS), 200-201 certification teaches a candidate about common network and application operations and security concepts, attacks, and the types of data required to investigate security incidents. The 200-201 certification teaches a candidate to monitor alerts and breaches and know and follow established methods to respond to alerts converted to incidents. Through a blend of lectures, hands-on labs, and self-study, a candidate will learn the important skills, concepts, and technologies to become a contributing member of a cybersecurity operations center (SOC). The role will include understanding the IT infrastructure, operations, and risks.
Who Should Take the CBROPS Certification and What Qualities they Must Have?
This 200-201 certification is designed for individuals looking for a role as an associate-level cybersecurity analyst. IT professionals seeking knowledge in Cybersecurity operations or those in pursuit of the Cisco Certified CyberOps Associate certification are candidates as follows-
- Students pursuing a technical degree.
- Current IT professionals.
- Recent college graduates with a technical degree.
What Are the Objectives of the 200-201 Certification?
After taking the 200-201 certification, a candidate would be able to:
- Explain how a Security Operations Center (SOC) works and describes the several types of services executed from a Tier 1 SOC analyst’s point.
- Learn common endpoint security technologies.
- Describe Network Security Monitoring (NSM) tools that are available to the network security analyst.
- Describe the need for event data normalization and event correlation.
- Explain the data that is accessible to the network security analyst.
- Explain the basic concepts and uses of cryptography.
- Discuss the security flaws in the TCP/IP protocol and how they can be used to attack networks and hosts.
- Learning the kill chain and the diamond models for incident investigations and exploiting kits by threat actors.
- Identify resources for hunting cyber threats.
- Identify the common attack vectors.
- Conduct security incident investigations.
- Identify malicious activities.
- Identify patterns of suspicious behaviors.
- Describe the use of Vocabulary for Event Recording and Incident.
- Share the use of a typical playbook in the SOC.
- Describe the use of SOC metrics to measure the effectiveness of the SOC.
- Describe the use of a workflow management system and automation to improve the effectiveness of the SOC.
- Describe a typical incident response plan, and a typical Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) functions.
- Sharing (VERIS) to document security incidents in a standard format.
Is There Any Prerequisite for the 200-201 Exam?
Before taking the 200-201 exam, a candidate can highly benefit if he possesses these following skills-
- Experience with Ethernet and TCP/IP networking.
- Working principles of the Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Familiarity with the basics of networking security concepts.
- If the candidate knows the Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions certification, it could be helpful.
Reasons for Achieving the CCNA Cyber Ops 200-201 Certification:
There are several cybersecurity certifications currently available on the market, and choosing the right certification for a candidate depends on several different parameters. Among all the cybersecurity certifications, CCNA Cyber Ops 200-201 is a great one. Cisco offers the CCNA Cyber Ops certification from Cisco, and we know that Cisco certifications are highly appreciated across the IT industry. Thousands of individuals have achieved Cisco’s certifications, and its products can be found across the world. This legacy empowers the CCNA Cyber Ops 200-201 certification as a degree of legitimacy among recruiters.
- If you work within a SOC or plan to work in one, the CCNA Cyber Ops, 200-201 certification, should be high on your list of qualifications to achieve. CCNA Cyber Ops 200-201 certification also covers topics that are not specific to Cisco, which makes it more useful for candidates and organizations using more beyond Cisco technology.
- Through 200-201 certification a candidate can take a valuable first step to obtain the skills and knowledge needed to work with a SOC team. A candidate can begin a career in the quickly growing area of cybersecurity operations at the associate-level, and he may work in with a security operations center (SOC) with his 200-201 knowledge.
- A candidate can get the foundational experience and skills to get ready for superior job roles in Cybersecurity Operations, working with the Security Operations team.
- He can get a basic knowledge of how a SOC team checks and responds to security matters and how they protect their organization’s information from modern risks.
- A candidate can gain knowledge further about how modern companies are dealing with detecting and reacting to cybercrime, cyber espionage, insider threats, advanced determined threats, regulatory requirements, and other cybersecurity concerns facing their organizations and their customers.
- The 200-201 certification prepares students for beginning and associate level roles in cybersecurity operations centers and focuses on security principles and technologies, using Cisco security products to provide hands-on examples.
Any candidate knows the value of Cisco certification. When the value of the Cisco certification is blended with cybersecurity, more channels open. So take a step towards the abundant career scopes through Cisco 200-201 certification.