Networking is a very significant aspect of any information system. This emphasizes the requirement to have more skilled professionals to manage networking related technical tasks. This brings the CompTIA Network+ Certification, which is meant to make you a networking expert.
This is an exam that evaluates your expertise in designing and implementing functional networks. It confirms one’s skills in administering, configuring, and troubleshooting these networks. Once you pass it, you’ll receive the CompTIA Network+ certification.
What is CompTIA Network+ Certification?
CompTIA Network+ is a vendor-neutral network certification for IT professionals. According to CompTIA, the exam “proves the fundamental knowledge and skills required to confidently design, manage, configure, and troubleshoot any wired and wireless networks.”
The CompTIA Network+ certification is an excellent foundational level networking focused certification that measures your knowledge on various IT networking concepts.
CompTIA Network+ N10-007 Exam details
- Number of questions: 90
- Time: 90 minutes
- Type of questions: performance-based, multiple-choice and drag and drop
- Passing score: 720/900
- Cost: $319
- Prerequisite: Networking experience of not less than nine months
CompTIA Network+ N10-007 Exam Objectives:
- Networking Concepts 23%
- Infrastructure 18%
- Network Operations 17%
- Network Security 20%
- Network Troubleshooting and Tools 22%
The N10-007 exam verifies the student’s understanding and skills in implementing the following technical tasks:
- Designing and implementing functional networks
- How to use routers and switches in creating resilient networks and segmenting network traffic
- Managing, configuring and maintaining the essential devices of a network
- Implementing network protocols, security, and standards
- Supporting virtual networks creation
- Troubleshooting network problems
- Identifying advantages and drawbacks associated with configurations of existing networks
Reasons to Earn CompTIA N10-007 Certification
- You get certified by a CompTIA vendor.
- You receive a globally appreciated and accepted certification.
- It means developing your networking skills.
- It confirms your skills to accomplish tasks with dedication and proficiency.
- You get an opportunity to sharpen your skills apart networking.
- You achieve both your professional and career goals.
The certification opens the door to great job opportunities, higher salaries, and promotions. You can work as a systems administrator, a network administrator, an IT specialist, and an IT director.
Tips to help you pass the CompTIA N10-007 Certification Exam
You require to commit your time and resources to pass this certification exam. Use these tips below to help you prepare and pass this crucial networking exam.
1. Register for CompTIA Network+ Exam Early
Register and book your CompTIA Network+ exam well in advance. This makes it workable for you to know how much time you still have before you sit for your exam. This way, it’s possible to fit your study within the possible time.
2. Prepare a Study Plan and Follow It
A study plan helps you evade focusing on other unnecessary things. Make sure you have simplified in all your other essential commitments so that none of them undergoes from neglect. However, a study plan works positively if you stick to it.
3. Organize Your Study Schedule
Eliminate anything that you won’t use while you are studying for your exam. Moreover, organize your schedule by getting rid of any clutter. A table or a disorganized place is not that stimulating.
4. Study in a Calm Place with Fewer Distractions
This will help you concentrate on your studies. Evade places where you are most likely to be disturbed or with a lot of movement from others.
5. Use CompTIA Network+ Study Guides and Practice Tests
Books and practice tests are some of the most effective ways to study for your CompTIA N10-007 exam. Find the appropriate books online and learn from them alongside your course. Practice tests will give you a sense of what the actual exam is like. Take them as many times as you can.
6. Practice with Labs
Practical labs are useful for acquiring hands-on experience. Practicing as you study is the best way to perceive the exam topics and concepts. This kind of experience will also come in when it’s that time to provide a solution to a real-world challenge.
Whether you are new to networking or you are seeking to refresh your skills, the CompTIA N10-007 exam is the right fit for you. Once you’ve scheduled your exam, use the tips that are shared with you to help you prepare and pass this certification exam. Attaining the CompTIA Network+ certification is a great way to prove your skills.