IT certifications can unlock doors of exciting opportunities for career growth. Many times, the certification segment of your resume becomes an area of attention for the hiring managers and organizations. The question is, what kind of impact would you like to give at this point?
It is a well-known fact that Cisco offers credible and marketable IT certifications. Here’s your complete guide to the certification, one of the most valuable Cisco certifications in the present IT industry.
About the CCNP Security Certification
The Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Security certification best fits individuals looking to work as network security engineers. These professionals are amenable for security in switches, routers, and networking devices. Moreover, they also hold the relevant knowledge and skills to utilize, deploy, support, and troubleshoot firewalls, DS/IPS solutions, and VPNS for the networks. Any current CCIE or CCNA Security certification can work as a prerequisite for the CCNP Security certification exam.
How to Earn CCNP Security Certification
You will have to pass four exams to earn a CCNP Security certification. These include:
- Implementing Cisco Edge Network Security Solutions 300-206 SENSS
- Implementing Cisco Secure Access Solutions 300-208 SIAS
- Implementing Cisco Secure Mobility Solutions 300-209 SIMOS
- Implementing Cisco Threat Control Solutions 300-210 SITCS
How to Prepare for Your CCNP Security Certification
- Be sure to give equal attention to all the topics involved in the CCNP Security exams.
- Be calm, and do not be confused by the hasty influx of learning.
- Focus more on areas you know you are weak at and learn from all the helpful materials that are available to you to the full extent. Persistence is the key and the more topics and sample questions you cover and answer, the more basics you will be able to understand.
- Practice tests are a must! This is the most effective way to measure your learning.
- Think beyond the exam and imagine yourself as the skilled professional you are bound to become.
The CCNP Security certification is valid for three years. Due to this, it’s essential to recertify every three years to maintain the validity of your certification. Attaining a high-level certification such as CCAr inevitably lengthens the validity of your CCNP certification up till the expiration date of the last certification earned.
Why should you get a CCNP Security certification?
If you have been in the networking industry for a year or so and would like to dwell on a core segment to grow your career in, then network security is an excellent option for you. Network security experts are in great demand at this time, which is only going to rise in the next years.
A CCNP Security certification equips you with the knowledge base that makes you job ready and helps you boost a career in the security domain, with the added advantages of the Cisco name supporting your professional credibility. It makes you the best choice for organizations and also helps you receive a better salary.
Popular Job Roles in Network Security Domain for CCNP Security Certified:
- Security Technician
- Security Administrator
- Senior Network Security Engineer
- Network Security Specialist
- Network Security Support Engineer
- Network Security Engineer
The CCNP Security certification remains one of the most famous and extremely sought-after Cisco certifications throughout the world. The mentioned tips will help you get started in the Security field.