CBAP (Certified Business Analysis Professional) certification is a third level business analysis certification for the business analysts who have more than five years in business analysis. CBAP certification is offered by the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA), and it shows the business analysis skills of intermediate to senior business analysts. CBAPs are the approved business analysis professionals who are committed to their profession.
Essential Points You Need to Know About CBAP Certification
Besides the necessary information about the CBAP certification exam, you need to know many other essential points before starting your exam preparation.
Let’s have a look over these points:
- You need to have considerable experience in the business analysis domain.
- If you want to verify your business analysis skills and identify yourself as an experienced business analysis professional, this CBAP certification is for you.
- There is no requirement for the CBAP certification; you do not require to have any other certification to take this certification. If you meet the eligibility criteria, you can go for CBAP certification.
- If you are looking for a go-to-trick to plan and pass the CBAP certification exam, just read out the BABoK to make all the concepts, read some business analysis books, and practice by CBAP practice exams and you will be set for the CBAP exam.
- CBAP certification exam is based on BABoK, and making through that is sufficient to pass the CBAP certification exam. So, there is no necessity of any instructor-led training if you are a self-study kind of person.
- CBAP is a competency-based exam, so you must prepare well before taking the exam if you need to pass the CBAP exam in the first attempt.
Identifying the Typical CBAP Certification Candidate
To change for the CBAP exam and certification, you will need to have five years of business analysis experience within the last ten years. The IIBA requires each CBAP candidate to establish and document their five years of experience as a business analyst in the meaning of the BABoK.
When you complete your CBAP Certification application, you are strongly encouraged to use the terminology and approaches discussed in the BABoK. You will need to map your business analysis experience to the BABoK and define how the work you have completed fits with the expected duties of a business analyst from the IIBA point of view.
To give you an idea, here is an active listing of what you will find in the BABoK and where your five years of business analysis experience require to map to:
- Conducting strategic analysis
- Planning business analysis
- Communicating requirements and managing requirements
- Eliciting requirements
- Completing claims analysis and documentation
- Performing solution assessment and validation
If you believe that you qualify for the CBAP exam and are ready to move forward, you can start your application at the International Institute of Business Analysis website. From open an application and start documenting your experience, knowledge area skills, education, professional development, and professional references.
A Forecast on the Future of CBAP Certification
As organizations are following data-driven analysis, in most cases, the business analyst role is mixed up with data analytics, which will play an essential role in an organization’s data security systems. In turn, this is acting as a contributor to making the future of CBAP certified professional, wealthy, and bright.
With the enrichment of IoT (Internet of things) and Big data analytics, it is determined that this technology combination will grow exponentially by the year 2020. Business analysts are supposed to get a broad scope of work in the business analytic area, which deals much with the enormous amount of data either structured or unstructured that is being collected through IoT, continues to grow shortly. No doubt, business analytics is continuing to be an emerging area for the future of business analysts.
The benefit of taking a CBAP certification is that you will have all the needed guidance and mentorship that you require without having to do it all on your own, which can get a lot of time and effort.
Additionally, by taking a well-structured course with the best tutors, you are all but guaranteed to become a designated CBAP professional in the shortest time possible.
CBAP (Certified Business Analysis Professional) is a qualification that approves and shows a senior-level business professional’s business analytical abilities.
On the off opportunity that you are a CBAP certified professional with 5+ long stretches of work experience, get this certification, and lift your career to a great extent.
Good luck with your CBAP journey!