Database Administration with the 1Z0-063 exam? Here is what a candidate needs to know about the Oracle certification. Learn about the study plan and useful 1Z0-063 resources through this article.
What Is Validated through the 1Z0-063 Certification?
- The Oracle Certified Associate (OCA) for Oracle Database 12c certification assesses the essential skills that DBAs need for daily operational management and maintenance.
- Building upon the Oracle Database 12c OCA certification competencies, the Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) for Oracle Database 12c, the 1Z0-063 exam includes the advanced knowledge and skills required of top-performing database administrators, including recovery, development, and deployment of backup and Cloud computing processes.
- With the 12c release, Oracle Database is re-engineered for Cloud computing. Multitenant architecture brings enterprises unprecedented hardware and software efficiencies, performance and manageability benefits, and fast and efficient Cloud provisioning. Oracle Database 12c certifications emphasize the full set of skills that DBAs need in today’s competitive marketplace.
How to Prepare for the 1Z0-063 Exam?
Keep Dedicated Time Slot for Study:
A study schedule keeps a candidate organized throughout his preparation. You may have scheduled time for breakfast, exercise, and other activities. Make a dedicated time slot for your 1Z0-063 exam study too. You may feel productive in the morning or evening; choose your most productive hours and invest them in studying. The candidate should not dedicate his whole day to exam preparation; instead, he should constructively utilize 2-3 hours.
He must set a target to cover two topics every day and not fail in his target. Being productive does not mean the candidate must not need a break. While studying, you might feel tired sometimes; a break of 5 minutes in the fresh air would help your brain regain energy. Writing down important points while studying is a good habit to remember the topics for longer. You might use these notes during your revision too.
Keep Taking 1Z0-063 Practice Exams to Assess Your Preparation:
Taking the 1Z0-063 practice test is one of the most important steps of your preparation. You get an idea about the 80 questions asked in the exam and get ready to face them. Practicing means you are heading towards a 60% mark or more to pass the 1Z0-063 exam.
Experts design most of the 1Z0-063 practice tests, so when you keep solving them regularly, you get a chance to assess your preparation through the result section. You can find the areas you can’t answer and study them more to score better.
Training Helps A Lot:
A candidate may join one of the following training-
- Oracle Database 12c: Backup and Recovery Workshop
- Oracle Database 12c: Managing Multitenant Architecture
- Oracle Database Learning Subscription
- Unlimited Learning Subscription – All Technology
Through 1Z0-063 training, a candidate learns to develop, use, and retain the latest in-depth Oracle Database skills. He also learns when and where you apply them, and it helps the Database Advanced Administration candidate to stay at a rapid pace.
In-house Oracle experts will learn the following topics:
- High Availability
- New Oracle Database features
- Fleet Management capabilities
- Enterprise Manager Cloud Control
- Oracle Database Appliance (ODA)
- Exadata Database Machine
- Deploy, Patch, and Upgrade
- Backup and Recovery
- Oracle Key Vault
- Detective Controls
- Preventive Controls
- Database Firewall
- Oracle Audit Vault
Who Is A 1Z0-063 Certified Advanced Database Administrator?
Database Administration covers everything needed to manage a database and make it available as demanded. The advanced database administrator (DBA) is the person who manages, backs up, and assures the availability of the data created and consumed by the current organizations via their IT systems. The Advanced Database Administrator, the 1Z0-063 DBA, is a critically important role in many of today’s IT organizations, and by extension, their organizations overall.
What Are Some Responsibilities of a 1Z0-063 Certified DBA?
- The responsibilities of a DBA include the following:
- The DBAs create user-profiles and ensure system security by careful allocation of user permissions.
- They upgrade and install the database server and/or application tools.
- They plan for and allocate the database system’s physical requirements, such as memory, disk space, network needs, etc.
- The DBAs modify the database structure using the information provided by application developers.
- They ensure compliance with the database vendor license agreement, including a number of installations. They take care of licensing renewals.
- The 1Z0-063 certified aspirants create a backup and recovery strategy for the database and regularly test the backups to ensure usability.
- They monitor the technical support for both database systems and related applications.
An estimated 2.5 quintillion data is created every day, and this amount is growing exponentially. Maximum data has been made and collected in the past two years than in the entire human history. So, where does all this data migrate? One of the primary locations is a database, and the database administrators are highly needed to manage the data. So, when you think of getting certified with the Oracle 1Z0-063, OCP, expect a sure short career boost.