AZ-900 Azure Fundamentals exam is a proven way to confirm knowledge of Azure services, cloud concepts, Azure workloads, security, and privacy in Azure, along with Azure pricing and support. Microsoft Azure Fundamentals exam takers should become familiar with the common technology concepts comprising networking, storage, compute, application support, and application development.
Microsoft Azure Fundamentals AZ-900: Exam Structure
The syllabus for the AZ-900 exam primarily aims at basic concepts of cloud-based services concerning Azure. It covers core azure services like compute, storage, and networking. This also incorporates azure support model, security and privacy services, and pricing.
The AZ-900 exam comprises 40-60 questions, and many of them are in multiple-choice answer type. You need to finish the exam in one hour.
The passing score for this exam is 700/1000, and the exam objectives break up of skills gauged by the domains is as below:
- Describe cloud concepts (20-25%)
- Describe core Azure services (15-20%)
- Describe core solutions and management tools on Azure (10-15%)
- Describe general security and network security features (10-15%)
- Describe identity, governance, privacy, and compliance features (20-25%)
- Describe Azure cost management and Service Level Agreements (10-15%)
AZ-900 is a part of Microsoft’s “Fundamentals” track, so it’s chiefly geared towards people who are new to Azure and have a bit or no prior experience with the Azure platform. It’s also an outstanding option for non-technical applicants who’d like to learn more about Azure.
Although AZ-900 is not a requirement for other Azure certification exams, it’s an excellent starting point if you’re seeking to take a more specific role-based Microsoft certification in the future (for instance, the Azure Data Engineer or Azure Administrator exams).
It’s also worth specifying that it includes topics that are not otherwise covered in other exams, for instance, billing and cost management features, so there are still plenty of learning opportunities available, even for an experienced professional.
Why Opt for AZ-900 Certification?
The question is more about what is the point of doing any Microsoft certification on the whole.
Here are inspiring reasons to do that:
- Great Way to Challenge Yourself: Passing the Microsoft certification exam is an extraordinary challenge for yourself and a powerful means to boost confidence. You can feel like a true expert because your expertise has been verified and approved.
- Solidify Your Knowledge: At the time the everyday development, you learn what you require to accomplish the project you’re working on. You can overlook some aspects of learning because you didn’t require them. Learning for certification demands you to learn more about a distinct topic – the topic that you may never uncover during your everyday job. Moreover, you are learning more about theoretical aspects that will allow you to perceive better the technology you are utilizing.
- Evidence of Your Knowledge: How will someone recognize that you have the skill in a specific area? You can tell them, of course, but you would require to know that every time you meet. The AZ-900 certificate confirms that you hold certain knowledge on a definite topic. Furthermore, Microsoft certificates are trusted all across the globe.
- Be Seen as a Pro: You can show off as someone who takes seriously his professional career and continually seeks new ways to improve his knowledge. Passing the AZ-900 exam and achieving Microsoft Certified – Azure Fundamentals certification may also fetch amazing opportunities that weren’t available before.
Top 5 Amazing Study Resources For Microsoft AZ-900 Exam Takers
Each exam has specific study resources to help the applicants with their preparation. For the Microsoft Azure Fundamentals AZ-900 exam, the best thing to do is conclude on the required guides and the suitable topics. Some of the recommended prep resources you can use for this Microsoft Azure exam are:
1. Microsoft Learning
Microsoft Learning is the best place to have in-depth learning of AZ-900 exam syllabus topics. You can also avail of other essential information, like exam structure, registration details, and prerequisites, along with other things.
2. Microsoft Training courses
Learn and master the AZ-900 exam syllabus by finding an instructor who can take you through every needed step. The courses are developed by masters who have been in the field for a long time. You will also be taught by instructors who have experience in teaching the exam domains for a long time. Microsoft offers one-day and two-day training courses for AZ-900 certification exam preparation.
3. AZ-900 Practice Test
For the exams to practice your knowledge, you can explore the various online platforms. You will come across many platforms offering updated and authentic AZ-900 practice test to gauge your learning. Take advantage of these resources as they are the best means to know your weak and strong areas.
4. Study Guide
The Microsoft Press Exam Ref AZ-900 official study guide is a trusted tool that you can utilize. In this study guide, the material has been structured as per the exam objectives. You will learn how to address your exam and technical tasks via real-life examples utilized in the book.
5. Cloud Self-Paced Labs
Free self-paced practical labs are an excellent opportunity to get the practical experience you require. Obtaining Cloud skills will boost your expertise in completing required tasks anytime you are called upon.
Through Microsoft AZ-900, you’re going to gain the essential skills required to implement Cloud solutions. The Microsoft Azure Fundamentals exam will decide your success in your career and how you scale up the career ladder.
Azure skills are the skills of the future as this technology is now being adopted by businesses aspiring to better their IT functions. Keep in mind; it is not sufficient to remain at one skill level for much longer. Presently, you need to upgrade your knowledge constantly to meet the needs of upcoming technologies. Microsoft AZ-900 certification exam is the best way to stay relevant in the continuously changing technological space.