Exam Code: 350-601
Name of the Certification: Cisco Certified Network Professional Data Center
No. of Questions: The no. of questions varies from 90-110.
Passing Marks: Passing marks also varies from 750-850
Time Duration: 120 minutes
Official Price of the 350-601 Exam: The exam costs 400USD
What is CCNP?
Cisco Certified Network Professional CCNP is an intermediary certification offered by Cisco. The 350-601 is a part of the Cisco Certified Professional Program. The CCNP Data Center certification is suitable for full-time network or system administrators, or individuals who work with LAN or WAN infrastructure for local and wide area networks.
The CCNP certification trains candidates to implement, validate, plan, and troubleshoot LAN (local area networks) and enterprise-wide area networks (WAN). CCNP certified specialists usually work efficiently with experience in advanced security, wireless, video, and voice solutions.
The CCNP Data Center certification concentrates exclusively on roles that focus on the design, installation, and maintenance of the data center.
Eligibility to Take the CCNP Data Center Certification:
The CCNP Data Center certification is an advanced certification that includes the CCNA Data Center certification as a prerequisite. In addition to the CCNA Data Center certification, Cisco recommends that students have 2-4 years of experience in the data center and trained in CCNA routing and change. Ideally, a candidate should have obtained certification before starting with CCNP Data Center.
The CCNP Data Center certification prepares an individual for today’s professional-level job roles in data center technologies. One of the industry’s most respected certifications, CCNP validates the core knowledge you need while providing the flexibility to choose a focus area.
How to Become A CCNP Data Center 350-601 Certified?
To earn the CCNP Data Center certification, you need to pass two exams: a core exam and a concentration exam of your choice.
The core exam or the 350-601 DCCOR exam:
- Implementing and Operating Cisco Data Center Core Technologies v1.0 (350-601 DCCOR), focuses on your knowledge of data center infrastructure including network, compute, storage network, automation, and security.
- An applicant can prepare for the 350-601 exam by taking the training course, Implementing and Operating Cisco Data Center Core Technologies (DCCOR).
- The core exam is also the qualifying exam for CCIE Data Center certification. Passing this exam helps toward earning both of these certifications.
- Concentration exams focus on emerging and industry-specific topics such as design, troubleshooting, application-centric infrastructure, storage, and automation. You can prepare for concentration exams
After passing the core 350-601 exam, one can choose any of the following exams to become a CCNP data center certified.
- Designing Cisco Data Center Infrastructure (300-610 DCID)
- Troubleshooting Cisco Data Center Infrastructure (300-615 DCIT)
- Implementing the Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (300-620 DCACI)
- Implementing Cisco Storage Area Networking (300-625 DCSAN)
- Automating and Programming Cisco Data Center Solutions (300-635 DUCATO)
Who Should Enroll for the 350-601 DCCOR Exam?
- Network designers
- Network administrators
- Network engineers
- Systems engineers
- Datacenter engineers
- Consulting systems engineers
- Technical solutions architects
- Field engineers
- Cisco integrators and partners
- Server administrator
- Network manager
Objectives of the 350-601 Certification:
After passing the 350-601 exam, a candidate would be able to-
- Implementing routing and switching protocols in the Data Center environment.
- Describe Cisco Cloud Service and deployment models.
- 350-601 candidates can Implement overlay networks in the data center.
- They can Introduce high-level Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure concepts and Cisco Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) domain integration.
- 350-601 knows software management and infrastructure monitoring.
- They can integrate Fibre Channel fabric.
- 350-601 certified can implement Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) unified fabric.
- Implement security features in the data center.
- Implement Cisco automation and scripting tools in the data center.
- Implement Cisco UCS Fabric Interconnect and Server abstraction.
- Implement SAN connectivity for the Cisco Unified Computing System.
- Describe the Cisco HyperFlex infrastructure concepts and benefits.
- Evaluate automation and orchestration technologies.
Benefits of CCNP Data Center 350-601 Certification:
Salary Level Rise:
If you know CCNA and CCNP R & S and are currently working for approximately 2 years under the $ 10,000 package per year.
After completion of the 350-601:
After receiving the 350-601 certificate, you may be able to plan many things in your salary package that covers between $ 70,000 and $ 80,000 per year. After five years of experience, you may even need to work as a Data Center Deployment Manager or as a Principal Network Engineer or Architect, earning you from $ 180,000 to $ 220,000 per year.
The Growth Pattern Is Great:
Knowledge of other technologies simultaneously with Cisco CCNP Data Center 350-601 certification is considered as the icing on the cake. You can experience professional growth at a higher level than your peers.
Take the first step with the 350-601 exam to grab your CCNP Data Center certification, and earn a lucrative data center career as well as salary benefits in the future.