CISM (Certified Information Security Manager) certification is offered by ISACA (Information Systems Council Audit and Control Association) designed for the IT security professionals. Certified Information Security Managers primarily looked at the information security of organizations concerning designing and development of the security practices and policies.
Achieving the CISM certification is one of the most powerful methods for proving expertise in data security management. It strengthens the value of the applicant’s profile and offers a respectable career over the long term. CISM can be acknowledged and get appreciation within the organization for their quality work.
The ISACA CISM Exam Covers 4 Major Domains
- Information compliance and risk management.
- Information security management.
- Information security instance management.
- Information security program development and management.
Tips for Passing ISACA CISM Certification Exam
- First of all, you must go through an updated version of the ISACA exam candidate guide. This CISM guide is updated year after year. The main purpose of this book is to give comprehensive information about ISACA CISM so that candidates can study for the exam in the right way.
- To obtain the latest version of the study guide, you can visit ISACA’s official website. This CISM study guide is the best study material you can utilize to study for the CISM exam.
- ISACA CISM exam is a management-focused. So, throughout the preparation, you must learn to think like a manager as you are going to manage the cybersecurity systems of different organizations. You need to acquire relevant skills and make a plan before taking any steps.
- ISACA has launched a comprehensive CISM course for the people that are geared up to pass the exam. This course is going to be a good help. The significance of practice tests is completely undeniable, so don’t ignore CISM practice tests if you want to pass the exam on the first try.
- ISACA administration is aware of the importance of taking the CISM practice exam. Therefore, they have provided many CISM practice questions on their site so that the candidates can avail of those exams to verify their skills. Along with practice tests provided by ISACA, you can also use some other ways to pass the CISM exam.
Essential Skills Required to Become Certified Information Security Manager
If you want to become a successful Information Security Manager, you should have at least some of the following skills:
- Marvelous social and communication skills are a must to be able to put forward your ideas in a precise and brief manner.
- Potential to identify priorities of work and design plans to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Proficiency in working in tight deadlines and maintain high standards of work.
- He/she should be able to show a positive, logical, and effective approach while carrying out the assigned tasks.
- He/she should be able to work cooperatively with other team members as well as should be able to work individually with least supervision.
- Superb organizational and time management skills are a must.
Job Opportunities for CSIM Certified Professionals
CSIM certification unlocks doors to multiple opportunities for professionals as they gain expertise. The job profiles that would be available for these professionals are-
- Technical roles
- Systems auditing
- Administrative positions
- Information Security risk assessment
- CEO, CFO, and others
Salary of a CSIM Professional
The salary of a CISM professional ranges from $52,000 to $250,000. In the primary stage, the salary might be less, but afterward, it can be higher. Professionals who already managed multiple projects and have many years of experience can count to receive five figures or six-figure salary.
According to the number of associated work experience and kind of IT security projects, professionals can receive higher salaries, bonuses, and other major perks, no matter it is an entry-level or a higher position.
Organizations are seeking for Certified Information Security Managers to manage different segments like security risk management, information security & infrastructure, handling security policies, testing and auditing, network security management, security detection, and IT Management.
CISM certification holders can better perceive the business. They can supervise and use distinct technologies in their organizations and businesses. It is easy for them to determine serious issues and adapt company-specific practices to address them. Therefore, a certified information security manager is an extremely sought-after position as it has an alluring skill to resolve organizational security incidents.