The CEH certification offers security experts the necessary knowledge and skills to embark on or advance in their careers in the field. Additionally, it assists in fulfilling compliance and cybersecurity insurance criteria. In this article, we will discuss the meaning of CEH certification, strategies for completing the exam, the benefits of incorporating the CEH practice exam into your studies, and the duties carried out by certified ethical hackers.
What Is CEH Certification?
The CEH certification is highly sought after in the information security industry as it offers comprehensive training in advanced hacking tools and techniques. Hackers and information security professionals utilize these tools and techniques to gain unauthorized access to organizations.
The CEH certification, provided by the EC-Council, allows individuals to develop strong skills in security analysis and acquire expertise in offensive and defensive security. Through this certification, applicants receive training in the most recent hacking tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs), including the emerging trends in ransomware attacks. This enables them to enhance their capabilities in assessing security and effectively protecting against potential threats.
EC-Council CEH Exam Details
- Number of Questions: The CEH v12 examination comprises 125 multiple-choice questions.
- Time Limit: The duration of the exam is limited to four hours.
- Passing Score: To successfully pass the CEH v12 exam, a minimum score of 70% is required.
- CEH Exam Cost: To take the exam, individuals must pay a non-refundable fee of $850 for the CEH Exam Cost. The exact exam fee amount may differ depending on the country and the administering organization.
- Proctoring: The CEH v12 exam is conducted remotely and supervised by an authorized proctor.
- Eligibility: Before attempting the exam, candidates must possess at least two years of experience in information security.
Top Tips for Passing CEH Certification Exam
The Certified Ethical Hacker certification exam assesses candidates’ understanding of malware threats and their ability to identify vulnerabilities and weaknesses in targeted systems. As mentioned earlier, this exam can be highly demanding for many candidates. Despite the passing score between 60% and 78%, achieving it can still be daunting. Therefore, we have compiled tips to assist candidates in obtaining the best possible results in their CEH exams.
- Look Out for the Most Reliable Study Materials: An essential aspect of attaining the Certified Ethical Hacker certification is actively seeking appropriate and reliable study materials. Candidates must comprehensively understand the exam’s components, format, covered topics, and other relevant information. This will enable them to be well-informed and prepared for what they can expect from the certification process.
- Obtain the Appropriate CEH Study Guide: A study guide is crucial in adequately preparing for the exam as it guarantees comprehensive coverage of all the necessary topics. Online resources for CEH certification study guides are readily available. The modules that require in-depth exploration include attack phases, Linux, Macintosh, and mobile systems, secure network infrastructures, threats and defensive mechanisms, web applications, and data servers. By following a study guide, candidates can ensure a thorough understanding of these critical areas.
- Take CEH Practice Exam: By participating in the CEH practice exam, you can evaluate your knowledge and abilities after studying the material. This practice exam is beneficial in pinpointing the areas or question types where the candidate may encounter difficulties. Engaging in CEH practice exams enhances candidates’ confidence levels. Through multiple mock tests, candidates gain self-assurance and a better understanding of their current level of preparation.
- Participate in an Online Forum: Engage actively in specialized forums focused on Certified Ethical Hacking certification. This allows for valuable connections with fellow exam candidates preparing for similar tests. Interacting with these individuals provides an opportunity to gain diverse insights into the covered topics. Forums serve as an excellent platform for learning, seeking clarification, and sharing knowledge by posing questions and providing answers to queries raised by others.
Keep in mind that effective time management plays a vital role. Allocate sufficient time for exam preparation and practice tests, enhancing your ability to monitor your progress. Simultaneously, it assists in maintaining a sense of calmness and reducing stress levels.
Reasons to Incorporate CEH Practice Exam to Get Good Score
The timeless saying, “Practice makes perfect,” remains as accurate as ever. It is a prevalent practice among candidates to solve practice papers before essential exams, allowing them to evaluate their knowledge across the entire syllabus. The CEH practice exam is imperative for candidates to achieve a high score for a crucial examination like the EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker.
1. CEH Practice Exam Makes You Familiar with the Exam Environment
The objective of the CEH practice exam is to simulate an actual exam scenario, providing candidates with the experience of taking a comprehensive test. It is natural to feel anxious and nervous, and practice exams help candidates become acquainted with the exam environment, alleviating these feelings.
2. CEH Practice Exam Works As a Revision Tool
The CEH practice exam is an effective method for reviewing and consolidating the material you have studied. Taking these tests after completing the syllabus and covering all topics proves highly advantageous. It enables you to revise and reinforce your understanding of various areas. Moreover, the practice exams allow you to visualize your success in the actual exam, fostering self-confidence. Performing well in the CEH practice exam indicates your readiness for the examination.
3. CEH Practice Exam Evaluates Your Performance
The CEH practice exam offers a platform for candidates to assess their level of preparation. It is essential for candidates to consistently analyze their performance, as this evaluation unveils their strengths and weaknesses. Armed with this knowledge, candidates can devise a strategic plan that capitalizes on their strengths while simultaneously addressing and strengthening their weaker areas. Therefore, the CEH practice exam is vital in providing valuable feedback to candidates regarding their performance levels.
4. Improves Time Management Skills
Time management is another crucial element of the CEH practice exam. Like other entrance examinations, the EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker exam is time-constrained, requiring candidates to answer CEH exam questions within a designated timeframe. Additionally, the exam may have individual time limits for each section. Regularly completing practice exams helps candidates develop speed and efficiency in their approach, allowing them to manage their time during the actual examination effectively.
5. Boosts Confidence
The CEH practice exam is a valuable tool for assessing your performance and level of preparation, ultimately becoming a significant source of confidence. Recognizing your ability to perform well in these practice exams instills the confidence needed to excel in the actual exam. Since the practice exams closely mimic the main exam, they provide a realistic representation of your standing and highlight areas that require improvement. Consequently, the practice exams offer a clear understanding of your progress and catalyze enhancing your confidence and performance.
What Are the Responsibilities of a Certified Ethical Hacker?
Responsibilities of a certified ethical hacker include:
- Collaborate with the client to understand their unique cybersecurity demands.
- Regularly evaluate the cybersecurity risk levels of the organization.
- Consistently perform penetration testing on the client’s system.
- Keep records of security incidents and identify similarities in patterns.
- Identify the client’s essential assets and offer recommendations for ensuring their security.
- Monitor the organization’s compliance with security regulations.
- Detect obsolete applications and suggest updates for improvement.
- Assist the client in building a cybersecurity-conscious culture.
- Set up malware detection mechanisms on the client’s system to detect and mitigate potential threats.
- Carry out regular vulnerability assessments and risk evaluations.
Taking the CEH certification exam for individuals seeking career prospects in the network and security industry is highly advisable. This exam serves as a gateway to professional roles in information security, allowing candidates to become certified hackers and delve into the latest advancements in the cyber realm.
You will be acknowledged and rewarded for your commitment to combating cybercrimes by obtaining a certified ethical hacker certification. Pass CEH Exam to Stay One Step Ahead!